2007年12月2日 星期日

Reflection on Dr. Bonk’s presentation of 15 stories for 15 years

I am glad that I did attend to this talk. The first reason I was pleased is because I saw people who are interested in online learning from different places firsthand through video conferencing. Second, I realized that there could always be fun in a presentation. This time, Dr. Bonk used “Pick a Story” as a mean to gave attendees pleasure. He fulfilled the learner-centered to this talk. It was a wonderful experience. I had known that entitle is a big challenge for both a research and a presentation in my undergraduate. But I think it might be easier to entitle if there is a story behind the title.

I don’t want to postpone the progress of my critical friend, Chris, so I just write a few points that impressed me most.

1. 2001: You were in, but you were never there.
The story of this was that someone was curious about why can Dr. Bonk was in the European AERA in Finland, but he was never there. Bonks’ tip was that respond first or second and respond to controversial ones. Guess about the outcome of transcript for blended learning among Korean, Americans, and Finland, who are the most social, theoretical, and pragmatic? Don’t peep at the next paragraph.

The answer is that Koreans are the most social, Americans are the most pragmatic, and the Finlanders are the most theoretical. Um…interesting.

2. Definitely, UStream, Mixxer and languagee exchange, and LiveMoca were good recourses I should share with my friends. We just talked about how to improving English yesterday late night. We all found that even though passing TOFEL or GRE test, it does not mean that we are competitive enough to speak up in a seminar or an interactive class. We don’t want someday when we back into Taiwan, our English skill (especially speaking skill) still need to be improved. As a result, we considered IEP or academic classes and exchanged information about this two kind of courses very much. I think these language exchange websites can help in some way.

3. I was thinking why Modeling is the hardest part on the online learning… If you know the answers please tell me. I will post the revised version when I got the answer to this question.

3 則留言:

Curt Bonk 提到...

Thanks for coming to the session. Good to have you there.

Chris 提到...

YiChun I am very glad you were able to attend. It sounded like a ery interesting talk and I wanted to be there but could not. Again with the teleconference, man I like that thing. I guess I will get used to it next semester wjem he comes streaming in live from Indy every other week.:)

I have really enjoyed this experience Yichun! See ya in the halls.

Unknown 提到...

Hi Yichun,
I'm Yi, a first year graduate student in school of education, and i'm thinking of transfer to IST. I'm looking for some IST students for suggestions. Would you mind reaching me by email zhang48@indiana.edu? Great thanks!