2007年9月11日 星期二

I think I am in love with color RED

Hoosiers are nicknames of people who live in Indiana.
There is a relationship between this place and me.
In my college, my friends call me "Indiana Princess" since my skin color is darker than other one else.
So when I come here, I feel veeeeeeery close to "Hoosiers".
"There are Ten ways IU is RED HOT."
I read this quote from a brochure in orientation.

We're HOT-WIRED for technological innovation.
We're the HOTSPOT for research.
We're FIRING UP business and job creation.
We're HOT on the trail of deadly diseases.
We're setting off the SPARKS for new high-growth career fields.
We have a BURNING desire to help-at home and around the world.
We're a HOTBED of the best and brightest minds.
Our friends' generosity is STOKING our success.
We're IGNITING imaginations through the arts.
We're LIGHTING the way to a safer, more secure world.

(Cite from REDHOT.IU.EDU)

I could find amity between Hoosiers.
Also, many people love to help foreigners to adapt to this environment.
I never feel depressed when I get lost because people around me are always nice to show me my way home.
More even, they will give us sincere suggestions and advisements to help us adjusting to American culture.

One of Hoosiers' traits is "We have a BURNING desire to help-at home and around the world."
I agree with it and receive those cordial treatments,
so I suddenly realize how much do I like RED that is represented as Hoosiers!
One day when I saw girls wearing RED dresses paired with white tops in a similar pattern at the 4th St. Festival of Arts and Crafts, I thought they are really cute.
And one day I might dress like that~

Most important of all, I will bring this HOT RED PASSION to post my personal article readings and ideas related to our class, "The Web2.0 and participatory e-learning" here.

Nice to meet you, people around the world.

A Hoosier.

1 則留言:

cbruncli 提到...

Hello Yi Chun! Great first post to the world. Mine was completly unoriginal. Anyway, I look forward to reading your posts and I think I am going to learn a lot from you.

Chris